Friday 25 January 2008

mAn sYntHes¡zeS (ArT¡f¡c¡al) geN0me

ScienceDaily (Jan. 24, 2008) — A team of 17 researchers at the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) has created the largest man-made DNA structure by synthesizing and assembling the 582,970 base pair genome of a bacterium, Mycoplasma genitalium JCVI-1.0. This work, published online today in the journal Science by Dan Gibson, Ph.D., et al, is the second of three key steps toward the team’s goal of creating a fully synthetic organism. In the next step, which is ongoing at the JCVI, the team will attempt to create a living bacterial cell based entirely on the synthetically made genome.

Once I thought that the day we (humanity) were able to create DNA, the belief in a Creator God would be compromised. Nowadays I think that the ones who believe that The Creator God created us in his image and likeness can escape the problem by thinking that been able to create life is just a consecuence.

I'm just happy to read the news and looking forward to own a synthetic alive non-violent pet.

P.S.: By the way, while reading something about believes, I came up to this post. The author claims that logic doesn't rules reality, it caught my attention beacuse in my last posts I just claimed the contrary, that is to say that I believe in logic and that reality is not real, it's just a perception. As I see it, logic is the tool we have to test our perception in order to change it if needed.

No comments: