Thursday 3 December 2009

¡NteReSt¡Ng... VeRy, VeRy...

What I like the most about art is being surprised, I think that 's why I like actual and contemporary art. The classical or traditional one doesn't, generally, entertain me, it tells me nothing and it is because I'm not surprised when watching, looking, hearing... in essence: using it (because art is like a drug, a good one, and if it isn't for anyone, I think it should be).


From the many definitions of art that I have come across I stand with this one:
"Art is anything provoking aesthetic pleasure"
I agree completely and since there is probably nothing fulfilling the definition for all of us (the human beings) at the same time, it is implicit that art is something personal. Anything causing aesthetic pleasure to anyone should be considered art, for the sake of respecting one another's tastes.

So, after nearly a year without posting a word in this blog (this is not to say that I haven't been thinking, XD), why am I giving this speech? Well, it's because I found this video in a blog named serious eats that surprised me and I suddenly felt the need to share and write about why I enjoyed it so much. It made me think that I have always had this thing with destroying things, since I was a child ripping apart old computers and stuff, and I like very much cooking, as you can all check in my other blog (which is one of the reasons why I abandoned this one a bit, XD). Watch the video after the break.


1 comment:

TOMAS said...

I liked your art definition.
I see my painting as my dairy and agree with you in all related to aesthetic pleasure.
The above is inseparable from our spirituality/reveals our true mindset better than any words that typically abound in various prejudices in spite all the best intentions.